Streamlined Membership Entry for Staff Members
Our recent focus on the join experience has led to a better design for members joining online, and now we are bringing a fresh look and time-saving features to staff that are responsible for entering memberships.
While the “Add Unit” and “Renew Membership” processes are remaining mostly the same, we’ve made some noticeable improvements:
- Less clicks. Larger text, simplified options and more explanatory text make the process more intuitive.
- Less quirks. We removed some manual processes by reformatting the pages.
- Responsive. Adding a unit is now easier, on any tablet or screen size.
- More secure. We added a new permission for auto-renew and deleting fees.
- Some fields are now standardized as part of entering a new membership. Daxko Operations requires these fields for any new member:
- First + Last Name
- Emergency Contact
- There is a new permission called Manage Unit Fees Setup. This permission will allow users to toggle the auto-renew/auto-term setting for unit billing. There was previously not a permission around this, so we added extra security to help with unit setup.
- The “Trash Can” permission has also been consolidated with Manage Unit Fees Setup. Anyone that had the “Trash Can” permission will now have “Manage Unit Fees Setup” – system admins can adjust permissions if needed.
- We’ve added an option for a quarterly billing term for membership types! This will allow for the ability to sell pre-set 3-month/quarterly memberships online, which there was not a good solution for previously. To take advantage of this option, your association’s Daxko Operations site needs to be configured to allow the quarterly billing cycle as well. (If your Daxko Operations site is not configured to sell quarterly memberships, you can reach out to email@example.com to enable this.) This will not affect existing membership types but will be available when creating new ones.
These changes were released to your training site on March 7th. Based on your feedback, we made changes since that release that will take affect with your live site release:
- Associations will be able to decide whether they want to require email address or not. If email address is required, duplicate entries will not be allowed.
- Associations will be able to decide whether they want to require race or not.
- The next process date can be adjusted when entering a new membership.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.