This is a running list of improvements and releases for Daxko Operations for 2018.
September 18, 2018
We have removed the Mass Payments tool in Daxko Operations. This tool was originally used to receipt cash and check payments for programming prior to the creation of payment scheduling and the child care module. Due to outdated functionality and very low usage, we determined this tool should be removed.
September 4, 2018
We have added a Scheduled Payment Date column to Custom Reports Child Care Transaction Fees data source.
- In some scenarios, memberships billed on a quarterly basis were displaying incorrect amounts on the Membership Dues Reminder. We will correct this issue with the release.
August 21, 2018
In our August 8th release, we put a temporary block on backdating pledge payments. Users may now backdate pledge payments, but we have added a warning message that backdating pledges beyond the as of date for a Contribution AR report may result in those payments not appearing on the Contribution AR report.
We have resolved scenarios where voided Clover payments were showing as paid in Operations. In addition, we have created extra logging information around Clover transactions to help us investigate payment scenarios.
August 8, 2018
We resolved the concern that agreements not tied to programs were available for selection in Program Packages.
- Added a temporary block for backdating pledge payments.
July 25, 2018
In some situations, the Load More option in online registration did not show checkboxes for registrants to select. We have corrected this issue for online registrants.
- In certain situations, the campaign prospect flag would not retain the user’s selection of ‘Yes’ but this release has corrected this problem.
- Two new columns were added to an existing child care data source to reveal the Allow Scholarship setting and the Scholarship GL.
- Some users with the permission to redeem a Program Package but without the permission to View Member Info were not allowed to redeem package sessions. This was resolved with this release.
July 11, 2018
In specific scenarios, memberships were allowed to renew at the incorrect branch for users restricted to Home Branch. This is now resolved.
- We corrected issues where pledge stock payments resulted in an error message for users.
June 26, 2018
In some scenarios, the account entries journal details would display a duplication of number of records (not affecting dollar amounts). This has been corrected to accurately display the number of records in all known scenarios.
- Members without addresses were displaying the Pledge Date value in the Country field on the Pledge Amount Summary. Additionally, some addressee fields over 100 characters prevented the Pledge Amount Summary from exporting. We corrected both issues with this release.
- Longer Membership Type names were creating a second row in the online experience. We corrected this display error.
- We corrected the join through a rate question event log description with this release. Previously, some scenarios caused the description to only list a string of numbers.
- Some users without roles assigned were not visible in Custom Reports when assigning user permissions. This has been corrected.
June 13, 2018
Driver’s License Scanning stopped working for states that previously had compatibility. This was corrected with this release.
Associations reported that Agreements in draft status were available to be attached to a program. We corrected this issue so that only published agreements are available for selection.
- For Clover payments, so scenarios led to the details of account entries not matching the summary. We have corrected this issue for past and future scenarios.
- When a pledge was created and adjusted within the date range entered on the account entries page, some $0 entries would show. This has been corrected.
May 29, 2018
Firefox would not allow an adjustment to be applied to new and renewing memberships. This has been corrected.
In some scenarios, a duplicate barcode could be assigned from the Edit Member Information page. This will be prevented with this release.
- When browsing programs online, the “See x more offerings” link could reflect an incorrect number of offerings available. This has been corrected.
May 16, 2018
We have resolved the issue in which a user was able to apply a discount group twice to a new or renewing unit by double clicking the discount group in the new membership join process.
Recently, you may have seen Online Program Sessions displayed in an unexpected order, such as sessions with later months showing before current sessions. We have corrected the order in which these appear to be more intuitive.
May 2, 2018
We have created new logging processes for clover payments that will allow us to better handle and better troubleshoot scenarios where Clover and Daxko Operations are not reconciling.
Our online program search experience will allow for programs with over 100 locations to display all available offerings in the search page.
February 20, 2018
- We’ve simplified management of YUSA’s Nationwide Membership. For more details, check out the release notification.
- Members were prevented from registering for programs if their profile was missing a Date of Birth. That restriction has been removed.
- Users were experiencing slowness and timeouts when running the Facility Usage Report with a custom date range. That has been resolved.
February 6, 2018
- When running the Membership List report, with the output format set to Mailing List per Household, many members designated as the Unit Primary were being excluded from the report. This has been resolved.
- For clients using First Data as the credit card processor, we’re seeing instances where, if the same card was used by the same unit to purchase multiple fees of the same type within a short time period, First Data was rejecting the additional payments as duplicates while Operations accepted the additional payment. This led to issues with users trying to reconcile their bank account with Operations. We’re releasing an update that will have Operations reject any additional payment that has been flagged as a duplicate by First Data. In addition, users can expect to see this error message:
- “A transaction was recently submitted with the same amount and billing method, causing this transaction to be denied by the bank as a potential duplicate. Please use a different billing method or resubmit the payment tomorrow.”
January 24, 2018
- When releasing members from Hold, users were able to generate multiple events in the member’s History and Event Log by double-clicking. This will be resolved.
- For program packages, the Date field on the Redeem Session window has been increased to prevent the redeem date from getting cut off.
- When viewing a range of dates in Account Entries, we’ve made minor enhancements to how Cash Entries are displayed. This was done to maintain a clear link between summary and detail records in Account Entries.
January 10, 2018
- Users were able to redeem multiple sessions from their program package by double-clicking during the redemption process. This will be resolved.
- The display dates and times on the Refund Approve Detail and Program Scholarship pages have been updated to reflect time zone adjustments.