Timely, quality communication with your members and prospects can get you closer to engagement nirvana. Start with these five tips and watch the positive impact on both retention and new memberships.
- Ask at the front desk. What a great way to say “hello” and build immediate rapport at the same time. Try something like, Hi [name], how are you today? While I have your information in front of me, could I go ahead and get/confirm your email address and a number that we can send text messages to? We want to make sure you receive information like facility updates, discount coupons, special events and other promotions we have from time to time.
- Create signage and flyers. Let people know about your email and text opt-in campaign. Post signs and flyers near the front desk and in other high traffic areas.
- Add a sign up form to your website. Your website should be more than just a pretty face. Use the homepage to encourage people to join your email and mobile communities. Keep the form simple and consider adding an incentive to boost interest.
- Raffle. Raffle. Raffle. Run periodic branch or association-wide raffles with great incentives. Instead of collecting names, collect pre-printed cards with spaces for email addresses and/or cell phone numbers and opt-in permission boxes that can be easily checked. You are more likely to get the most updated, accurate information with a prize on the line. Just tell members that all prize notifications will be sent via email and/or text only and watch the raffle cards roll in!
- Why not start at the beginning? Consider asking for email addresses and text opt-ins during ALL new membership enrollments, membership renewals and program registrations. You can easily make it a part of your information gathering processes. Did you know Daxko Operations can be configured to collect and track text opt-ins. Just contact our Customer Success team to get started.