Twice a year, Daxko hosts a day of activity called Impact Day, where the entire company volunteers their time to help different communities and local organizations.
The Atlanta team switches off by attending one Impact Day in Birmingham, and one in Atlanta. This year the Daxlanta team chose to help out the Chattahoochee Nature Center for the day.
What’s the Chattahoochee Nature Center you say? Here is some interesting info that was shared with us:
- The Unity Garden was started in 2009
- Since 2009 they have provided over 16 tons of produce to the Food Pantry at North Fulton Community Charities
- The garden yields an average of 8,000 pounds of food donated annually
- The center spans 127 acres, 5 woodland trails, and 3 ponds
- Over 40,000 students and 100,000 visitors visit annually