We have started asking our recently hired team members if they wanted to contribute a post to the Culture Blog sharing their experience or thoughts after they have been with the company for about 30 days or so. Here is one from Beth W who joined the People Team as the Talent Acquisition Specialist.
So, it is my one month Dax-versary!! Woot-woot! And it’s that old mixed bag of feelings of “I can’t believe it’s been a month already!” and “Has it only been a month?!” In light of hitting that 30-day mark, I thought I’d highlight a few of my favorite things about Daxko so far… (cue Julie Andrews).
- My team! – I work on the People Team (you just gotta love that they don’t call it HR). I felt like part of the crew before I even started… really, we had a team lunch on the Friday before my start date! I have great leadership and peers and I know that I’m going to learn so much from all of them.
- Family Lunch – Daxko caters in lunch every Friday for the team… there IS such a thing as FREE lunch!
- All the caffeine you can drink! – Not only do we have some pretty fancy coffee machines (like a Keurig on steroids), but we also have two fridges stocked with sodas (with both Coke and Pepsi products!). There’s also healthy stuff like water and fresh fruit… if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Talented people everywhere you look – Seriously, there isn’t one less than stellar person in this entire company. From our Support Rockstars, to our Marketing, Sales, and Engineering teams – everyone is top-notch around here. It makes you want to step your game up.
- My MacBook – I just love that I had the option of choosing between a Mac and PC. Oh, and the IT support here is amazing! I’ve had a few issues with the recruiting software we use not playing nice with my Mac, but the guys in IT have found me workarounds every time. I told you everyone here is awesome!
- The Work Environment – The work areas are all open and collaborative, which is very helpful when you’re new and have lots of questions. But there are also lots of places to get away and do some heads down work without distractions. I’m writing this post from one of our booths (yes, like a restaurant booth), but there are also stand up desks, big/small meeting rooms, etc.
It’s funny because Daxko had been on my radar of places that I’d love to work for about 5 years, so it’s a little surreal that I’m here now. And yes, it lives up to the hype… I’m a Daxko Kool-Aid drinker, and I’m going back for another cup.