Daxko was recently featured in Fortune Small Business Magazine as one of “7 Great Places to Work.” Thought the focus of the article was solely on the fun side of Daxko, important work on the behalf of our nonprofit customers definitely comes first. Regardless, we enjoyed the national exposure, and the article does show one of the many sides of Daxko.
FACT: MEMBERS WHO ARE NOT ENGAGED LEAVE.
• 50% of new members who are not engaged will leave by the end of 12 months
• Another 25% will leave by the end of 18 months
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
An intentional engagement program can increase retention by 15-20%.
• Encourage new members to come to your facility, especially if they joined online
• Recognize them when they do
• Invite them to try out a class or program
Create a new member engagement plan.
• Use a mix of phone calls and emails
• Keep them excited to be a member—just one email or phone call won’t do
• Formulate at least a 12-week plan—it takes about 90 days to create a behavioral habit
Encourage staff to:
• Smile and greet members by name
• Spend time introducing them to other staff and members, as well as touring the facility
TIPS FOR NEW MEMBER WOWS
Educate and encourage new members.
• Look at what members are interested in, and share information pertaining to those types of programs and classes
• Check facility usage reports to see if members are visiting. A simple “Way to Go! You checked in three times this week” will go a long way.
Gather data with comment cards, surveys, and in-person conversations, and then share it with your staff.
Create an action plan, then execute.
• Invite them to orientation or a class
• Invite them to meet staff
• Help them make a friend