Daxko surveyed 159 associations to understand how they are engaging and communicating with constituents through targeted marketing and data segmentation. How does your association compare?
- Outside of name and address, what sort of demographic data do you capture about members and other constituents?
E-mail address 98.7%
Age/date of birth 96.9%
Marital status 57.9%
Household income 20.1%
Years in community 2.5%
Health status 8.2%
- What sort of data do you gather to better understand your members’ needs and preferences?
Their preferred methods of communication 34.6%
Their reason(s) for joining the association 57.2%
Their satisfaction with their membership 49.1%
Their reason(s) for not renewing membership 72.3%
Their interest in volunteering 55.3%
Their interest in your association 39.0%
We do not collect data surrounding our members’ needs and preferences. 5.0%
- Do you currently have an operations system or membership database where you keep membership data?
- Who are the primary users of the system at your association?
Front desk/welcome center 94.6%
Membership staff 95.4%
Program staff 78.5%
Child-care staff 40.8%
Fitness staff 30.0%
Resident camp staff 8.5%
Fund development staff 47.7%
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how well does your operations system keep track of membership demographic and preference data?
1=Doesn’t allow for it at all 5 2 8 3 11 4 4 5 13 6 9 7 32 8 29 9 22 10=Does it exceptionally well 13
- How do you use the data that you collect about your members and constituents?
We use it to tailor our communication to different constituents. 55.3%
We use it to measure engagement levels. 39.6%
We use it to structure our dues/fees. 29.6%
We use it to structure new offerings. 44.0%
We use it to write grants. 52.2 %
We use it in fundraising. 69.2%
We use it to find volunteers. 35.2%
We do not use this information right now. 10.7%
- What are the reason(s) for not using the data that you collect about your members and constituents?
We are unsure of how to use the data. 18.8%
We are unable to export the data from our system. 12.5%
We lack the staff resources to do so. 75.5%
- How do you use your facility usage information?
We use it to determine staffing needs. 53.8%
We use it to determine program schedules. 53.2%
We use it to tailor our communications to our members. 25.9%
We do not use this information. 19.6%
- What type of organization is your association?
Multiple locations 34.8%
*Note: Percentages may not sum to 100 due to multiple answer choices selected and/or rounding.