Daxko surveyed 180 associations to understand what effects the economic recession was having on their organization. While these times are challenging, you’ll see that there are some silver linings to the recession cloud. How does your association compare?
- What effect, if any, has the economic recession had on your association’s membership?
Membership has increased 28%
Membership has decreased 36%
Membership has stayed the same 36%
- If membership has increased/decreased, does your association have a retention or recruitment plan in place?
Increased and has retention plan 82%
Increased and no retention plan 18%
Decreased and has recruitment plan 89%
Decreased and no recruitment plan 11%
- Have membership expectations changed as a result of the economy?
I don’t know 4%
- If member expectations changed, how have they specifically?
Want to pay less for membership and products 42%
Want more networking opportunities 32%
Want virtual attendance options for events 26%
Want increased benefits (i.e. healthcare access) 27%
Want job board/placement services 14%
- Have your offerings to members changed as a result of the economy?
I don’t know 1%
Don’t know if expectations changed, but changed offerings 63%
Expectations did not change, but changed offerings 44%
Expectations did change, but did not change offerings 41%
- What effect, if any, has the economy had on non-dues revenue?
Non-dues revenue has increased 24%
Non-dues revenue has decreased 42%
Non-dues revenue has stayed the same 34%